Friday Fictioneers — The Wager

img_1775.jpg
In 2016, when Sean and I made our Halloween wager, and he bet that Trump would win, I thought there was no way I could lose. But lose I did. I ended up having to dress up like a mad scientist and spend Halloween night in a cage.

Last year I bet him that the Patriots would win the Super Bowl again, but the Eagles won and now I have to wear a Mitch McConnell costume to this year’s Halloween party.

This Halloween I am betting the Dems will take back Congress at the midterms. It’s gonna be a sure thing.

(100 words)

Written for this week’s Friday Fictioneers prompt from Rochelle Wisoff-Fields. Photo credit: Liz Young.

27 thoughts on “Friday Fictioneers — The Wager

1. newepicauthor July 13, 2018 / 6:42 am

You should have wagered on the Governor’s races as three-quarters of the nation’s governors are up this year. The Republicans hold 33 governorships; Democrats hold 16. The GOP has 26 seats up this year compared to 9 up for the Democrats.

2. theceaselessreaderwrites July 13, 2018 / 7:54 am

Other than the continued plunder and ruination of our country, what’re the narrator’s personal consequences if he loses this one?

3. Sight11 July 13, 2018 / 5:56 pm

Oh! That’s not a good practice to follow, I want the Dems to win too. Dammit don’t jinx it.

• magnoliajem July 13, 2018 / 6:54 pm

That’s two of us hoping you didn’t jinx it! Maybe with those 12 Russians out of the way, we stand a real chance this time!

• magnoliajem July 13, 2018 / 10:18 pm

Me, either, but I’m trying to keep an open mind. It would be disastrous if Dems become complacent & don’t vote, expecting a blue wave.

• Fandango July 13, 2018 / 10:30 pm

Disastrous is an understatement. I honestly think the future of our nation is at stake.

• magnoliajem July 13, 2018 / 11:19 pm

It absolutely is. With Russia interfering elsewhere, too, I think all democracies are at risk. Russia seems to be intent on world domination!

• Fandango July 14, 2018 / 6:39 am

“…after the Dems lose the midterms?” You mean *if* the Dems lose the midterms, right? Not *after*. Right? Right?