#FOWC — Lessen Learned

A1C1B58E-C247-4AFF-ABBF-CD19591BE978Last night at midnight my time, I published today’s FOWC with Fandango One-Word Challenge. The word for today was “lessen.” But as several bloggers pointed out to me when I woke up this morning, the wording in my posted FOWC prompt read “Today’s word is ‘lesson.’ Not to be confused with yesterday’s word, “lesson.’”

What the hell, Fandango? Is the word for today “lessen” or “lesson”?

Let me assure you, it’s “lessen.” Or at least it was supposed to be, since yesterday’s word was “lesson.”

Oh how clever I thought I was being to create homophone prompts on consecutive days. But maybe too clever for my own good, perhaps.

In the end, though, I did learn several lessons from this experience.

• Never publish a post when I’m just about to fall asleep
  • Always proofread my post at least two or three times, including reading it aloud at least once, before hitting “Schedule” or “Publish”
  • Lessen my dependence on autocorrect to catch my errors. Apparently autocorrect isn’t good with many homophones

Let that be a lesson for all of us.

21 thoughts on “#FOWC — Lessen Learned

1. Renard Moreau July 10, 2018 / 10:21 am

🙂 Autocorrect has a mind of its own; it should be turned off when one is composing their blog posts.

2. Marilyn Armstrong July 10, 2018 / 10:34 am

And DON’T forget to check the headline. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve published a totally wrong (or none at all!) headline.

3. newepicauthor July 10, 2018 / 11:02 am

I did a double take when I first saw your prompt as I thought there was something wrong with my Reader.

4. Suze July 10, 2018 / 1:55 pm

I lessened my writing on purpose..let that be a lesson to ya!

5. rugby843 July 11, 2018 / 6:51 am

I needed this on this particular morning, a good laugh! I’ve had tiring nonstop company for three days in a row and I think 3 days is a limit you can stay without becoming a pita. A day to catch up, a day to sightsee at least here in Cheyenne, it’s limited, and a day to “enjoy” and be done. I’m not used to being “on” 24/3. I’m not good at it! So this fourth day I am exhausted, and appreciate this post giving me a boost as you always do, btw.

• Fandango July 11, 2018 / 9:01 am

We’ve got out of town visitors who will be staying with us for five days and I will be spending most of the time playing tour guide, so I know where you’re coming from.