Tale Weaver — What Goes Around Comes Around

77CABE39-E4B8-4142-99BC-AAF4B86762B7Or does it?

This week’s Tale Weaver prompt is all about karma. It asks the age-old question, is karma just a myth, wishful thinking on some people’s part, or is it real?

Some religions (e.g., Hinduism and Buddhism) define karma as the sum of a person’s actions in this (and previous states) of existence, and that such actions will be a key factor in deciding their fate in their future existences.

In Christianity, karma is more of a as “what goes around comes around” concept. The Bible says, “Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.” This is more of a “you get what you give” concept. Or as the Beatles sang, “And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.”

I am not a religious person. I don’t believe in reincarnation. Hell, I don’t even believe in the “afterlife.” So, no, I don’t buy into either of these — or any other — notions of karma. I’m not a reap what you sow kind of a guy.

I simply make a conscious choice to live my life as a decent, caring, giving, and honest person. I subscribe to the so-called Golden Rule of doing unto others. But it’s not because I’m worried that if I don’t, I’ll spend an eternity in damnation. Or because after I die I’ll be reborn as a jackass or something. I live my life that way because it’s the right thing to do and because I’m human.

Besides, if there was such a thing as Karma, Donald Trump would be toast by now.

So there you go. No tale weaved today. Just a little exposé on my thoughts on karma.

18 thoughts on “Tale Weaver — What Goes Around Comes Around

1. Marilyn Armstrong July 5, 2018 / 11:20 am

I’m not sure WHAT I believe. I know what I don’t believe which is in any kind of dogma for any church or other religion. But what I do believe it? That’s a bit fuzzier. Every once in a while, I get to see a little “karma in action” and ti makes me VERY happy. Very.

2. calmkate July 5, 2018 / 3:00 pm

lol love that second last line … maybe it’s our karma to be the toast?

• calmkate July 5, 2018 / 3:15 pm

lol the only reason he’s not toast yet is that we must still have to learn some lesson from this ‘episode’ 😦
        He is certainly giving Russia and China all the support he can by back stabbing his allies …

3. Michael July 5, 2018 / 4:16 pm

There was an interesting article in the Guardian today about Putin running rings around Trump when they meet. Thanks for adding your thoughts this week, they are always welcome as there is always more than one way to spin a tale.

4. Sight11 July 5, 2018 / 5:03 pm

I believe in Karma. But I’ve my own take on it.

5. baddadcartoons101 July 5, 2018 / 8:53 pm

On a perfect world or universe instant karma would be the absolute law governing actions but it’s not. so we are left scratching our heads wondering about Trump. Will there ever be justice? Who knows?

• Fandango July 5, 2018 / 9:51 pm

He seems to be evading justice and escaping karma…so far, anyway.

6. Suzanne July 6, 2018 / 12:21 am

I don’t share your certainty – besides who knows what Trump has coming to him in the future?

• Fandango July 6, 2018 / 8:17 am

If he gets what’s coming to him, I might change my mind about karma.

7. leigha66 July 8, 2018 / 10:25 am

Interesting take on karma. I still hope he is toast soon though. LOL