100WW — Tomorrow

img_1671In these days of Donald Trump, I feel like I’m stuck in a day that’s gray and lonely. But despite the shitstorm that seems to be swirling all around me, I try to remain optimistic. Yes, I’d bet my bottom dollar that tomorrow there will be sun.

No doubt that when I think about when the sun rises tomorrow over the eastern horizon, it will clear away the cobwebs and, as to my sorrows, there will be none. So I just gotta hang on until tomorrow, come what may.

Shit! Who am I kidding? We’re all fucking doomed!

(96 words)

Written for today’s 100 Word Wednesday prompt from Bikurgurl. Kudos to lyrisicst Martin Charnin for the words to the song “Tomorrow” from the musical Annie, whose lyrics I borrowed a little for this post.

18 thoughts on “100WW — Tomorrow

1. athling2001 June 27, 2018 / 9:20 am

You are right, you just have to hang in there. We can’t let ourselves be doomed.

2. The Haunted Wordsmith June 27, 2018 / 9:28 am

Okay, I was waiting for Annie and Daddy Warbucks to burst into the story singing after reading “day that’s gray and lonely”…where’s Roosevelt when we need him?

• Fandango June 27, 2018 / 10:14 am

He’s rounding up Japanese-Americans and sending them to internment camps and refusing to let Jewish refugees fleeing Nazi Germany from entering the United States. Sigh!

• The Haunted Wordsmith June 27, 2018 / 10:22 am

True, but we did get the WPA and the New Deal. We need a WPA for today. Get people to work…train them…then they can leave survival mode and get on with living.

• The Haunted Wordsmith June 27, 2018 / 11:19 am

Too bad we won’t be able to say that about this one. Justice Kennedy just resigned from the Supreme Court, which means conservative Republicans can own the judicial branch now.

• Fandango June 27, 2018 / 11:31 am

Yeah, I just saw that. Very bad news. The Dems should do to Trump’s nominee what McConnell did to Obama’s last nominee.

• The Haunted Wordsmith June 27, 2018 / 11:36 am

They will push any nomination through before midterms this year. There are not enough votes to hold it back.

• The Haunted Wordsmith June 27, 2018 / 11:52 am

lol…till day of of the new term,at least. Then we better have a president with some **** to clean up this mess.

3. Paula Light June 27, 2018 / 9:32 am

This will pass, one way or another. My feeling is that more New Yorks are coming. Young peeps will not tolerate the old greedy guard of either party and they will demand something else. Hopefully it will be via voting and not force.

4. animar64 June 27, 2018 / 9:43 am

Fingers crossed on one hand and a ticket to Canada in the other.

5. Marilyn Armstrong June 27, 2018 / 11:42 am

Ultimately, we ARE all doomed. But, in the meantime, there will be sunny days and happy times, too. I have a headache and for once, it’s not political … it’s just another attempt to try to make order where the world otherwise feels chaotic. It’s the old “Pushyoupullme” as reality does its thing and we try to do ours. Balance. We try for balance.

• Fandango June 27, 2018 / 11:49 am

Anthony Kennedy just announced his retirement from SCOTUS. So much for the sun coming out tomorrow.