Summer Cold

FE8A8763-7BC1-48A0-995D-677FAECAD213

Damn. I made it through the whole winter without so much as a sniffle. Then yesterday, just three days before summer officially begins, I got sick. Now I’m coughing and sneezing, my nose is running, my eyes are watering, my stomach hurts, and I feel downright awful.0DB60CB3-1FD4-4140-B96B-1868CB467350My wife is making me drink three large glasses of Airborne, a immune system booster, Alka-Seltzer-like effervescent tablet, a day. She swears that it will reduce both the intensity and the duration of my cold.

She’s also demanding that I consume eight glasses of water a day, which she says will help flush the sickness out of me.

So now, in addition to having a summer cold, between the Airborne and the water, I’ve been pissing like a racehorse for the past 24 hours.

15 thoughts on “Summer Cold

1. Sight11 June 19, 2018 / 5:05 pm

Haha.. That’s funny. I apologise Sensei, I feel sorry for you, but that gave me a good chuckle.

2. newepicauthor June 19, 2018 / 5:06 pm

Racehorses are commonly given Lasix (aka Salix) which is a powerful diuretic just before they run in a race, which makes them pee a lot, we’re talking gallons and gallons.

3. baddadcartoons101 June 19, 2018 / 9:24 pm

Sorry Fandango! As a doctor I can assure you modern medicine is yet to cure the common cold. But if it makes your wife happy, take the stuff and when your own immune system kicks in, tell your wife the treatment really worked!

4. Embeecee June 20, 2018 / 7:04 am

“Bless you”. I hope you feel better, soon. I always wondered whether those Airborne things worked, I’ve tried them and they had no effect whatsoever. Now a doctor has confirmed that they’re little more than placebos. What about zinc? Does that work Mr. Baddadcartoons101?

• Fandango June 20, 2018 / 7:20 am

My wife swears by Airborne, and you know, happy wife, happy life.

5. leigha66 June 20, 2018 / 11:28 pm

I drink an herbal tea with echinacea and zinc and it does seem to lessen the severity and length of the cold. Hope you are feeling better soon!