Cheryl, over at The Bag Lady, was nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award. This award is for “amazing bloggers with ingenious posts,” and Cheryl definitely qualifies. She was also thoughtful enough, when following one of the instructions calling for her to nominate 10-20 other bloggers for this award, to include my blog on her list.
I have designated my blog to be an award-free blog, so while I appreciate having Cheryl “pay it forward” to me, I won’t be following the blog nomination rules.
Well, most of them, anyway. One of the rules is to ask each nominee five questions, which Cheryl did. And I am answering each of those five questions below.
1. If you have an award free blog, why? Yes, I have declared my blog to be award free because, while I appreciate the recognition, blog award nominations are, to me, more like chain letters than awards. Having readers who like and comment on my posts is all the recognition I need. That said, I’m happy to, as I am in this post, answer any questions asked of me by a blogger who was kind enough to give me a shoutout when nominated for a blog award.
2. Who influenced you most in your life so far? I am going to have to go with Mrs. Fandango, my wife of nearly forty years. It’s not that she’s a perfect woman, but she’s a very good woman who has always been there for me, through thick and thin and good times and bad times. She puts up with me, takes care of me, and makes me a better person than I’d be without her.
3. Do you cook or bake? What’s your specialty? My specialty is making reservations. My wife’s specialty is cooking/baking healthy foods.
4. What is your favorite movie ever? So many to choose from, but I’m going with Mel Brooks’ “Young Frankenstein.”
5. Do you floss? Not regularly, but I will floss if there’s something caught between my teeth after a meal, like after eating a whole rack of baby back ribs.
So thank you, again, Cheryl, for including me in you list of nominees.