17 thoughts on “If You Are Not From The United States…

1. syncwithdeep June 17, 2018 / 9:20 am

This is like poking one eye blind and leaving with one eye to survive. Its really a harsh torture on the kids as well as parents. There may be many parents who must have migrated from mexico for work leaving the kids with their parents. This law is completely a disaster leaving the children to drown in the well, until being half rescued. I am at loss of words to describe the mental trauma at both ends.

• Christine Bolton June 17, 2018 / 9:36 am

No one stopped them either! Everyone just following orders. I hope someone puts a stop to this insanity today before history repeats itself.

2. newepicauthor June 17, 2018 / 9:53 am

The Judgment of Solomon was to cut the child in half and Sessions used this as his logic that separating children from their parents is OK to do.

3. Osyth June 17, 2018 / 10:28 am

I was born in England and my home is in France though I am living in the US as a Lawful Permanent Resident at the moment. My husband is a US Citizen. I give that as background to your question. In Britain I think disgust and dismay would cover the way people view this latest atrocity. In France, where remember, we have a huge issue with immigrants trying to cross to Britain and who are held in camps at the Northern coast as they are on the shores of Italy and in other areas too. In none of these camps are children taken from their parents. We cannot understand why it is necessary to be so cruel (and these children even if and when reunited with their parents will suffer repercussive anxiety and terror and may never recover) and more so how anyone dare hide behind biblical reference in a lame attempt to justify it.

4. Marilyn Armstrong June 17, 2018 / 11:06 am

See my recent reblog from Jan Wilberg. If you feel inclined, please reblog it. It deserves a good read.

5. Sight11 June 17, 2018 / 1:08 pm

Never thought the day would come when I would say, American government is worse than scum. I mean we have seen bad governments but this guy, the way he even try to rationalise the argument and the act, is just plain old evil.

6. baddadcartoons101 June 17, 2018 / 4:06 pm

And to think Sessions is out quoting Bible verses which were used to support slavery to defend this practice! Truly embarrassing!

7. Wanda June 17, 2018 / 4:54 pm

At the risk of seeming like I am insensitive, I would just like to say that one of the problems is that in most cases the children are US citizens. If their mother’s had not crossed into the US, usually ilegally, there would be no seperation of children and parents.
    The problem is that the US decided that if you are born on our soil you are automatically given citizenship. This is a situation that complicates the situation. I wonder what countries around the world offer that perk to people who enter their country ilegally and give birth to their children. I am heartbroken over the situation in our world today. Somewhere along the line the world put the US in the limelight to save everyone and then to blame for what turns out wrong. And the thing is the American public is paying for all of it.

• Fandango June 17, 2018 / 5:59 pm

What is happening now is that parents are entering the US with their children, in most cases, illegally, and are being detained, which is understandable if the parents and children are detained together. But under the Trump administration, children are being forcibly separated from their parents and no one is sure when…or if…they will be reunited. It’s heartless and shameful.

8. rugby843 June 18, 2018 / 6:24 am

Just had this discussion with my daughter on Friday. We both feel compassion but she feels less sympathy for the illegal border crossing families believes they need to go through legal channels. She has seen the facilities and said they are clean, provide shelter and food. I agree there are many families born here who don’t have those luxuries either. It’s a horrible choice to make either way.

• Fandango June 18, 2018 / 7:24 am

I wouldn’t have an issue with detention in these “clean” facilities if the families who were detained could be kept together. It’s the separation of young, innocent children from their parents that is reprehensible.

9. Suze June 18, 2018 / 6:54 am

a LOT of the families coming are coming for political sanctuary and the ‘rules” state they must ENTER then apply. upon entry we have changed the rules with a presidential order that says collect everyone as if they are coming illegally so we can separate and punish them for trying to come in.