#FOWC — Don’t Take Him Literally

61D1BFFE-D81F-4C2F-9A81-743E046DD93DI heard her say, “You shouldn’t take Donald Trump literally.”

“So you’re saying that you can’t believe anything he says,” I responded.

“No, that’s not what I’m saying,” she said. “When he said Mexico will pay for the wall, for example, he meant it, but just not up-front and with cash. Mexico will ultimately pay for it through favorable trade deals he’ll negotiate with Mexico.”

“So you’re saying we should take him figuratively, but we should not take him seriously,” I said.

“You should take him seriously,” she said. “He’s a man of his word, but just not his literal words.”

“If you can’t take what he says literally, how can you say he’s a man of his word?” I asked. “That makes no sense. And you can’t take someone seriously when he constantly lies.”

“You liberals are always trying to take Trump literally and you keep claiming that he’s lying,” she said. “But he’s not lying. He’s just being symbolic.”

“Oh, you mean he’s expressing alternative facts, Kellyanne,” I said.

14 thoughts on “#FOWC — Don’t Take Him Literally

1. Kenneth T. June 17, 2018 / 7:28 pm

***ahh, it’s good to know that I am NOT the only one that sees this happening***
    … and it is my belief, that it happens often, with other people, organizations, countries etc etc

2. lifelessons June 17, 2018 / 8:34 pm

Trump doesn’t even know what symbolic is. He just opens his mouth and words fall out. Even he doesn’t know what they mean, or wouldn’t if he were listening!

• Kenneth T. June 18, 2018 / 11:39 am

Does any puppet pez-head know what they say or do they just read off a teleprompter… or something similar.

• Fandango June 18, 2018 / 11:49 am

Trump often goes off-script, and that’s typically when he says his most ridiculous, crazy, outrageous, ignorant things.

• Kenneth T. June 18, 2018 / 1:08 pm

I wouldn’t be surprised if his “off-script” comments aren’t (well…) scripted. Even Kermit the Frog always had a hand up his back, in-fact couldn’t survive without it.

• Fandango June 18, 2018 / 1:40 pm

There’s a method to his madness, you’re suggesting? Or that he’s the puppet and Putin has his hand up Trump’s ass?

• lifelessons June 18, 2018 / 6:36 pm

Except he’s pretty much of a loose cannon. He just says whatever prompts into his head–most of it fiction.

3. Sight11 June 18, 2018 / 5:21 pm

I can’t understand the argument, but for the first time I know that it’s not my fault.