MLMM Sunday Writing Prompt — Chinese Hoax

img_1548Karen looked at the video of the strange creatures that someone who works with his father at the university had made. “Oh Daddy, they look like little angels. They’re so beautiful.”

“Actually, Karen,” her father said, “these ethereal little sea slugs are commonly called ‘sea angels,’ so you are very smart by saying they look like little angels.”

“Can we have one?” Karen asked. “Can you bring one home from work?”

“I wish I could, sweetheart,” her father responded. “But these little sea angels live in the very cold waters of the Arctic Ocean. If I brought one home, it wouldn’t be able to survive. You wouldn’t want that, would you?”

“But if they’re angels, won’t God protect them?” Karen asked.

“God does protect them by making them able to survive and thrive in very cold water, her father said. “But now my fellow marine biology scientists need to do everything we can to help God protect the sea angels so they won’t be wiped out due to climate change and global warming.”

“Don’t be silly, Daddy,” Karen said. “Climate change is not real.”

“Of course it’s real, honey,” her father said. “Why would you think it’s not?”

“Because President Trump said global warming is a Chinese hoax,” Karen said.

“Sweetie,” her father said, “he may be president but he’s notorious for spewing fake news.”

Written for today’s Mindlovemisery’s Menagerie Sunday Writing Prompt and for today’s Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (FOWC) where the word is “notorious.”

11 thoughts on “MLMM Sunday Writing Prompt — Chinese Hoax

1. Michael June 10, 2018 / 5:25 pm

Lol….good one..I’m sure you’ll be glued to your TV to watch the farce unfolding in Singapore this week?

• Michael June 10, 2018 / 5:31 pm

I read a newspaper article this morning saying that no matter what happens he’ll claim it as a success.

• Fandango June 10, 2018 / 5:34 pm

That’s what he does. I heard it will just be him and Kim in the meeting, along with a translator or two. No “official” transcripts. Some transparency, huh?

• Michael June 10, 2018 / 5:35 pm

Well that way he doesn’t have to reveal the humiliation of realising Mr Kim has played him for the idiot he is.

2. Marilyn Armstrong June 10, 2018 / 6:22 pm

I keep being appalled at how many people actually BELIEVE the moron in the white house. Kids, at least I can understand … but adults? With an education? Really?

3. mindlovemisery June 11, 2018 / 4:57 am

I am glad her father has a good head on his shoulders! They are magical little creatures aren’t they?