FOWC With Fandango — Inertia

67C1685A-6334-4B54-9BB8-250FB930E4A9Welcome to June 1, 2018 and the inauguration of Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (aka, FOWC). It’s designed for those of us who are suffering from withdrawal after WordPress bailed on its daily one-word prompt.

I will be posting each day’s word just after midnight Pacific Time (US).

Today’s word is “inertia.” Write a post using that word. It can be prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction. It can be any length. It can be just a picture or a drawing if you want. No holds barred, so to speak.

Once you are done, tag your post with #FOWC and click on the Mister Linky thingie below and then visit others who have participated. (This is my first time trying Mister Linky and I hope it works. If it doesn’t, let me know in the comments.)

I will be writing my own response to this prompt in a separate post, so be sure to look for that.

And let me know in your comments if you think you’d like me to continue with this daily challenge.

28 thoughts on “FOWC With Fandango — Inertia

1. newepicauthor June 1, 2018 / 7:24 am

I had written 269 posts for the Daily Post with my first one being on May 7 last year. I thought it was so exciting when I found this part of WordPress and I used to read every post. I found most of them boring or just plane stupid after a while and although the Daily Post was a good place for me to write, it had a good run and I am actually glad it is over. I think that your new challenge will be more fun.

• Fandango June 1, 2018 / 7:27 am

Thanks Jim. I guess we’ll see if people embrace it.

2. Marilyn Armstrong June 1, 2018 / 8:55 am

I’m a little twitchy about “Mister Linky,” so I’m linked to you, too. I assume I have to publish first so I have an address. I’m a little hazy about anyone called “Mister Linky.” Isn’t he on the #metoo list?

• Fandango June 1, 2018 / 8:58 am

“I assume I have to publish first so I have an address.” Yeah, I think that’s how it works. As to Mister Linky, it’s “Linky,” not “Kinky.” 😱

3. newepicauthor June 1, 2018 / 8:58 am

I created a pingback instead of using Mr. Linkey, I hope that is OK.

4. Marilyn Armstrong June 1, 2018 / 9:10 am

I am dubious about Mr. Linky. He picked up my name, but not the title of the post. I tried it a second time, so now you have me twice. Couldn’t find a way to remove at least one name and why did everyone else get their title and I only got my name? is it ME? Is this personal?

5. lifelessons June 1, 2018 / 1:54 pm

I’m so impressed that you got this set up. I looked at the instructions and they looked so complicated! A plus.

• Fandango June 1, 2018 / 2:00 pm

Thanks. I impressed myself.

Comments are closed.