And in the End….

7E434961-86DF-4E33-ACC2-074D1CC8FBE8So this is the last “official” WordPress daily one-word prompt. It’s fitting that today’s word is “retrospective,” which means “an exhibition or compilation showing the development of the work of a particular artist over a period of time.”

I have been participating in this daily prompt pretty much since I started the blog last May. If you want to view a retrospective of my responses to these prompts — and you have nothing better to do with your valuable time — go to my Tag Cloud and click on “one-word prompt.” It’s pretty large. You can’t miss it.

But, as they say, all good things must come to an end. The past is the past and it’s time to look to the future. Whatever will be will be. And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Okay, Fandango. Enough with the trite and barely applicable platitudes.

I image that there are going to be quite a few bloggers who are going to attempt to make up for this abandonment and betrayal from WordPress by starting their own daily prompts.

Well, starting tomorrow I’m going to be one of those bloggers. I’m calling it “Fandango’s One-Word Challenge,” or FOWC for short. I will choose a word and write a post built around that word.

If you’d like to FOWC with me, please feel free to do so. Be sure to tag your post #FOWC and link it back to my daily FOWC.

Image credit: geralt at Pixabay.com

17 thoughts on “And in the End….

• Fandango May 31, 2018 / 10:07 am

I was just planning to have anyone who wanted to FOWC with me to link to each day’s word prompt. Is there a better way?

• lifelessons May 31, 2018 / 11:14 am

Their links then just go into your comments. If you open up a Mr. Linky account, which I believe is free, is sets up a link they can go to to post their contribution that is just a list of those who are following your prompt, with links to their post and everyone else’s. Much easier to quickly find each other without having to read through all the comments in between.

• Fandango May 31, 2018 / 11:28 am

Ah. Thanks. I will look into setting one up.

• Fandango May 31, 2018 / 10:10 am

So should I do something other than ask people to link Ii.e., pingback) to each day’s one-word prompt? Like set up a separate page? I’m sort of a novice at t his.

1. theministryofshrawleywalks May 31, 2018 / 1:16 pm

Not sure what you do, I’m fairly new but was just beginning to get involved with the whole prompt business, and was quite sad with the wordpress news. Pleas please I’d love to get the prompts and make my ramblings viewable to everyone else, I barely understand ping backs but reckon i’ll get by.
    Looking forward to tomorrow’s prompt.

2. leigha66 June 2, 2018 / 7:06 am

So glad to see you’re doing this. As soon as I get caught up I will join in. THANKS!😀

3. gc June 2, 2018 / 12:17 pm

Use the force! Just because the official daily prompt is gone you can still use the past platforms to reach your audience. I did it today with my post. Freedom of speech requires innovation. 🙂