Ebb Tide

684136B9-DD32-4BC3-A660-62428FC088C4When I saw today’s one-word prompt, “tide,” The first thing that popped into my head was the incredibly ludicrous Tide Pod challenge.

Late last year, Tide pods became the center of attention due to an inexplicably popular internet meme involving a dare to intentionally consume the pods. The meme became especially popular with teenagers, and since then, there has been a sharp increase in poisoning incidents resulting from ingesting the pods.

Crazy, right?

Why? What would motivate these jackasses to deliberately stick a laundry detergent pod into their mouths and bite down on them?

After thinking about this, I needed something to cleanse my palate, so I bit down on a Tide pod. No. Just kidding.

I focused on that old song, “Ebb Tide.” In particular, the 1965 rendition by The Righteous Brothers. I found, after thinking about the stupidity of biting down in Tide pods, listening to the song by The Righteous Brothers did, in fact, cleanse my palate.

I hope listening to that song will do the same for you.

15 thoughts on “Ebb Tide

1. She May 4, 2018 / 9:43 am

Yes, that really was an idiotic fad! Nice link to the word. 😊

• She May 4, 2018 / 11:27 am

They do indeed. I am told boys do a lot of daft things because they think the girls will like it. I suppose this shows young boys have no clue what girls really like 🙂

• She May 5, 2018 / 1:51 am

😂🤣😂 practice makes perfect. The practice is the fun bit😂🤣

I have always thought of girls like cats and boys like dogs. Boys like rough play, and like to do daring funny things and getting themselves really muddy, girls are trepidatious and curious and need a gentle touch or they hiss😆, and hate even a speck of mud.

I dreamt about those tide tablets last night. I brought the topic up with friends last night with friends; I simply couldn’t believe boys could be so stupid, and I suppose it stayed with me!

• Fandango May 5, 2018 / 7:25 am

I wonder if any of those crazy teens who bit down in Tide pods were female.

• She May 5, 2018 / 8:52 am

There’s always one😊 very true though. It is not always the men!

2. Marilyn Armstrong May 4, 2018 / 3:43 pm

Ebb Tide. Good choice.

Moronic teenagers eating poisonous tide pods? Weed out the genetic package. Who needs the morons anyway.

• Fandango May 4, 2018 / 4:33 pm

I don’t get why they think that’s a good idea. I just don’t understand.