You’re Reaching, Krista

41257FDA-EBEB-4484-9C45-3D1CD7F976D3It must be difficult to come with a new word each and every day, seven days a week, 52 weeks a year. A word that both challenges WordPress bloggers and stimulates their imaginations.

But, come on, Krista. “Rivulet”? Really?

When was the last time you used the word “rivulet”? When was the last time you heard anyone use that word in human conversation? When was the last time you saw that word in print? I’d venture to say never.

Creek, fine. Stream, okay. Brook, that works. Channel, yeah. Gully, maybe. But rivulet, no. Just no.

So I’m gonna pass on today’s word, Krista. Try to do better tomorrow.

11 thoughts on “You’re Reaching, Krista

1. Marilyn Armstrong April 28, 2018 / 9:31 am

I use it. But we live in a watershed. If there is a word for water or the way water moves, we use it. There’s the big river, the tributaries, the canals, the little canals, the streams, the rivulets that feed from the streams and often flow into a pond. Not many lakes — just one really big one and a smaller rather shallow one nearby. But the river is everywhere. Rivulets, too. Not that I would choose it for a Daily Prompt word. Maybe if this were a photo prompt, but otherwise, it has not much value for a writer.

2. newepicauthor April 28, 2018 / 9:49 am

I think that the last time that I heard the word rivulet being used was when Iron Butterfly was playing In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, or perhaps it was Tommy James & The Shondells singing Crimson and Clover.

3. Cyranny April 28, 2018 / 9:53 am

LOL

Funny thing, this morning, I was writing my last post, and looking for synonyms of “stream”, because my story took place, in part, by a stream (duh!) and I never saw “rivulet” there… and then, checking out the Daily Prompt, I found out about the word, and thought “oh! well… that’s quite a coincidence!” And ended up having something to link in.

You know what? That wasn’t funny at all. I considered deleting my comment, and just letting this go. But I obviously didn’t in the end, right?

No, Instead, I am just littering your comment box.

Sorry for that, but I do wish you a nice weekend!! xx (And a better daily prompt word tomorrow!!)

• Fandango April 28, 2018 / 9:56 am

I never consider your comments to be litter. So go ahead and toss out at me whatever you wish to!

• Cyranny April 28, 2018 / 5:22 pm

Aww thank you 😉 I shall keep my ramblings going, then 🙂 xx

4. Sight11 April 28, 2018 / 2:05 pm

So are you still getting beaten up for saying “Who use this word?”

• Fandango April 28, 2018 / 3:41 pm

Nope. No one is beating me up too badly, although apparently some people actually to use that word. Who knew?

5. isaiah46ministries April 28, 2018 / 6:26 pm

I found the word interesting, in that I was trying to figure out a way to write about my encounter at the beach, and seeing rivulet made the story just come alive. Although, it is not a word I see often, if ever, but that is the challenge and joy of using the prompt.