WPC — Lines

This week’s Photo Challenge is all about lines. We are supposed to “share a photo with a composition dominated by lines — hard or soft, straight or curvy, vertical or horizontal, or made in nature or as part of a cityscape.”

Maybe my first picture is taking the word “lines” a little to literally, as in long lines of people waiting at the DMV.

4ECC6D7B-A7E1-4964-BD9A-0BF652139C97

My next picture shows the lines of wood planks in a backyard table I was refinishing.

2F620B32-6254-4A6A-A319-7DEB18FBFC2A

And then there is this one when my wife and I were shopping for tiles for our kitchen’s backsplash.

DA56C456-B54D-49F2-9CC6-0332687DAA9D.jpeg

And there’s the line of ducklings swimming in a pond between their parents.

9B9A5ABD-74F3-4FAC-9BA2-2F649C11DB8B.jpeg

How about the roof lines of a local museum in the foreground, the tree lines in the field, and the street lines on the hill on the right?

44ABABAD-8600-43DE-9B58-49C1F75A830D

And finally, the lines made by a formation of clouds.

img_0654-1

Okay. Enough lines for today.

18 thoughts on “WPC — Lines

• Fandango April 25, 2018 / 5:35 pm

Thanks, but I forgot that today is One-Liner Wednesday and my post contains six photos with many, many lines!

1. cagedunn April 25, 2018 / 8:05 pm

Lines, lines, everywhere is lines – isn’t that from a song?

2. Walk the Goats April 25, 2018 / 9:54 pm

Academy of Sciences! I’ve never seen that view of it and the Park. Perfect for illustrating the lines concept too.

• Fandango April 25, 2018 / 10:53 pm

The photo was actually taken from the top of the de Young Museum, which is directly across the mall from the Academy of Sciences.

3. Sight11 April 26, 2018 / 2:08 am

I though you will put up your face on the post and showing your wrinkles say lines.. (just kidding)

4. pensitivity101 April 26, 2018 / 3:09 am

Love the sky and your water fowl.
    Hopefully the Canada geese here in the park will be proudly showing off young shortly. We have an interesting love match, a Canada goose and a Greylag. Wonder what the babies will look like?
    The ducks are pairing up too, so in a few weeks I shall be taking my camera every time I go to the park. I got loads of ducks and ducklings on the marina, but for the goslings and geese, had to be out on the river.