A Vague Feeling

D3E1DAA9-5E37-41F3-85CA-14FEECB20441They met in high school and since then he had devoted his life to her. She was his everything. She was what gave his life meaning and a sense of purpose.

He took her complaints about intestinal pains seriously and wanted her to make an appointment with her doctor as soon as they began to increase in both frequency and intensity. There were times when it was so bad that she would double over in pain, tears streaming down her cheeks.

He demanded that she see her doctor, but she was both stubborn and stoic. She didn’t want to be poked and prodded and tested and told that there might be a serious problem. So she refused.

Until she couldn’t refuse.

But by then he had this somewhat vague, yet foreboding feeling that it was already too late.

Another twofer. Written for this week’s one-word prompt, “vague,” and for this week’s Let It Bleed Weekly Challenge prompt from Randomness Inked, where we’re suppose to write something containing the words, “it was already too late.”

E652E3FA-BB36-4D59-8680-2860E918A368

11 thoughts on “A Vague Feeling

1. Saumya Agrawal April 23, 2018 / 9:38 am

An interesting read. Thanks for participating 🙂

• Saumya Agrawal April 23, 2018 / 9:43 am

I’m glad to know that! Would love to read more from you 🙂

2. Marilyn Armstrong April 23, 2018 / 12:13 pm

I had breast cancer. Actually, I had it in both breasts, but would never have noticed it in the “other” one. Garry pushed, poked, and dragged me in to see the doctor. It saved my life.

• Fandango April 23, 2018 / 1:00 pm

Good for Garry. I’m glad it wasn’t too late.

3. Sight11 April 23, 2018 / 5:41 pm

Well if I die I would like people to ask the question, “Sight who?”

• Fandango April 23, 2018 / 7:39 pm

Then you’ll enjoy my A to Z Challenge post tomorrow for the letter U.