P is for Pessimistic

I know what you’re thinking. “Didn’t Fandango’s post for yesterday’s A to Z Challenge say that he was optimistic?” You’d be correct. I did say that. But as my blogging buddy, Jim Adams pointed out in a comment on that post, he sees me as being an “optimistic cynic” because, he says, I “tell it like it is.” So that’s what I’m going to do right now.

Unfortunately, when it comes to America’s standing in the world and to its future, my optimism, since Trump became president, has turned to skepticism, if not outright pessimism.

Between the Mueller Russia probe, the Stormy Daniels affair, and the FBI raids on Trump’s attorney Michael Cohen’s office, home, and hotel, Trump is in panic mode. And like a cornered rat, he’s on the attack.

His Republican butt-lickers in Congress are doing everything they can to set up Deputy Attorney General Rob Rosenstein to be fired and to set the stage for stopping Robert Mueller’s investigation. Trump’s lawyers are fighting to suppress the evidence seized by the FBI in the Cohen raids.

And I’m worried that Trump and the Republicans are going to get away with this and that the Mueller investigation will be stymied and the damaging evidence against Trump will be squelched.

If that happens, friends, I see storm clouds forming on America’s horizon. And it won’t be pretty.

So yeah, I’m feeling a little pessimistic right now.

9 thoughts on “P is for Pessimistic

1. newepicauthor April 18, 2018 / 6:20 am

Cohen knows more about Trump’s personal affairs and the Trump Organization perhaps than anyone outside the immediate family and this is not a witch hunt.

• Fandango April 18, 2018 / 7:41 am

No, it’s not a which hunt, despite how often Trump tweets in all caps that it is.

2. baddadcartoons101 April 18, 2018 / 6:44 am

Midterm elections coming up, remember there’s always something to focus our attention on and give us some hope!

• Fandango April 18, 2018 / 7:42 am

Unless the Russians hack the midterm elections and Trump doesn’t do anything to stop them. See, I’m being pessimistic today.

3. Karyn April 18, 2018 / 9:27 am

Forces of Good vs. Evil.
    Think in terms of ‘critical mass’ or the ‘tipping point’….It must be reached.

4. Sight11 April 18, 2018 / 5:30 pm

It’s a witch hunt all right. But it’s Trump that’s initiating it. He’s the perpetrator acting like a victim.