You’re Glowing

06FEC7FD-AB4F-454B-BBA6-5B1F07698288“Oh my God,” David said to his girlfriend when she opened the door to her apartment, “Donna, you’re glowing.”

“Thank you, David,” Donna said, a slight blush appearing on her cheeks. “Come inside.”

“I mean it, Donna. Your skin looks luminescent,” David said with a look of concern on his face.

“I know, right?” Donna said.

“Donna, take off your clothes,” David insisted.

Donna laughed. “Before dinner? Oh aren’t you the naughty one,” she said.

“I’m serious,” David said. “Take off your clothes.”

“David, you’re frightening me a little,” Donna said.

“Dammit, remove your clothes!” Once she did as she was told, David gasped. “You look radioactive,” he said.

“How did you know?” Donna asked.

“How did I know what?”

“How did you know that the name of my new body wash is ‘Radioactive’?”

“Show me the bottle it came in,” David insisted. Donna went to her bathroom and came out holding the bottle of her body wash. David grabbed it from her hands. “Where did you get this?” he asked.

“At a booth at Sunday’s farmer’s market.” Donna said.

David looked at the ingredients on the bottle’s label. “Get dressed, Donna. I’m taking you to the ER. This body wash contains radium and you have radium poisoning. That’s why your skin is glowing, Donna.”

Written for today’s one-word prompt, “luminescent.”

17 thoughts on “You’re Glowing

1. baddadcartoons101 April 10, 2018 / 10:52 am

Those damn farmer’s markets, selling products without safety testing! The radium is probably not 100% organic! I only use certified organic radium!

2. She April 10, 2018 / 11:34 am

Wow! Haha. Healthcare regulations have really plummeted! 😁😁😁😊😋😂🤣

3. Kijo April 10, 2018 / 2:26 pm

Like the tour guide, David here is very calm in crisis.

Great dialogue! Ridiculous conversation, but a well-paced exchange!

4. Sight11 April 10, 2018 / 6:46 pm

That’s a scenario which can’t be common. Infact it’s on the verge of weird yet stupid. What made you think like that, Sensei?

• Fandango April 10, 2018 / 8:26 pm

Just tried to think what might make someone’s skin appear luminescent. And that made me think of radium, which used to be used to illuminate watch hands in the dark.

• Viola Bleu April 11, 2018 / 2:07 am

yikes … don’t like the sound of that but I like how your mind put this scene together from your knowledge!

• Kijo April 11, 2018 / 7:12 am

It’s not that out of this world: see the book ‘Radium Girls.’

• Fandango April 11, 2018 / 7:40 am

When I Googled “radium poisoning” for this post, I saw an article that the last of the “Radium Girls” had died.

5. Viola Bleu April 11, 2018 / 2:08 am

This was good. Irrespective of whether it ‘could be real’ the dialogue flowed and you set a scene which I was able to picture. I enjoyed it.

• Fandango April 11, 2018 / 7:32 am

Thank you, Viola. I’m glad you enjoyed my little flight of fantasy.

6. leigha66 April 12, 2018 / 4:24 pm

They say you can find everything at the farmers market… LOL!