MLMM — It Cures All That Ails You

img_1044-1Ah yes, the old snake oil salesman. Who can forget all those stories about the con man who tries to sell you some sort of magic elixir that will make you feel good again?

Apparently there are a lot of gullible people in the world who are susceptible to such nonsense. In fact, about 46 percent of American voters bought into that crap in November 2016 and around 40 percent are still lapping it up.

img_1043Yes, many Americans are still clamoring for their daily doses of Trump Oil.

Are you tired of all those rapists, drug dealers, and bad hombres flooding across the border from Mexico? Try a spoonful of Trump Oil.

Concerned that too many white, Christian citizens are being unfairly persecuted? Rub some Trump Oil on the palms of your hands twice daily.

All those costly regulations designed to ensure that you breathe clean air, drink pure water, and that are designed to mitigate climate change getting you down? Take yourself a nice warm Trump Oil bubble bath.

Concerned about how unfairly autocrats, dictators, and strong men around the globe are being treated? A little Trump Oil on your ice cream will make you feel much better.

Tired of all that fake news being spewed by the MSM? Try Trump Oil Alternative Facts Syrup on your pancakes.

Worried that all those gays, lesbians, and transgender weirdos will cause you to have to marry someone of your own gender? Try a Trump Oil cocktail. That will set things straight.

Are all those militant feminazis out there in their pink pussy hats demanding the right to control their own bodies and make their own choices driving you crazy? Spray them with some Trump Oil mist and watch them melt like that wicked witch.

Don’t believe that all of the “fine people on both sides” are getting the kudos they deserve? Try a peanut butter and Trump Oil sandwich.

Think that large corporations are paying too much in taxes? Chug a bit of Trump Oil and watch those tax corporate dollars evaporate.

Afraid that someone is going to take away all of your AR-15 military-style, semiautomatic assault rifles? Mix a little Trump Oil with your NRA brand Kool-Aid, and everything will be okay.

Yes, friends, step right up. For just the price of your eternal soul, Trump Oil will drain the swamp and take care of everything. It cures all that ails you, real or imagined. Especially imagined.

And never forget Hillary’s emails.

Written for the Mindlovemisery’s Menagerie Making Sense of Nonsense prompt.

17 thoughts on “MLMM — It Cures All That Ails You

1. She April 5, 2018 / 12:04 pm

Wow, I had no idea this stuff was going on in America. I was there during the voting time and it was a politically vibrant moment. We spoke to so many people with such different views. I cannot coment much as I do not live there and do not see the changes day-to-day in the people, but I had hoped at the time Hilary would win. But as I say, I did not know the full story either side. (Clear attempt to cover my back!!!😁😁😁) I loved the way you write about This, very engaging and extremely interesting for a foreigner!!!

• Fandango April 5, 2018 / 12:21 pm

Thanks. I’m glad you enjoyed it. It is hard to comprehend how this con man still has 40% support.

• She April 5, 2018 / 12:46 pm

40 per cent! Is that all! one would hope he had the majority if he was in power. This is quite shocking. A similar thing happened in England about Brexit, less than half the population voted because they assumed they would stay in the EU, the population was lied to and people believed the lies. Now a far-less-than majority holds the vote for leaving the EU. It is shocking that this sort of thing takes place!

2. Michael April 5, 2018 / 3:25 pm

This was such a good response, well done good sir, I found it most entertaining and like you I can’t believe so many think Trump is some sort of saviour, I even saw today that he is engaging the military in border control. He knows how to create hysteria, doesn’t he? Thanks so much for adding your thoughts to this week’s Tale weaver.

3. Marilyn Armstrong April 5, 2018 / 5:08 pm

The moment I saw your headline, I just KNEW it was all about Trump. Had funny conversation in hair salon today. I said I realized my makeup was so old, I wasn’t even sure it was good for use and when I tried the skin “toner” (not quite a covering, but a little more than nothing), it had turned orange. I commented that orange was a human color.

“Except,” she said, “for Trump.” And we both laughed. Ruefully.

• Fandango April 5, 2018 / 8:31 pm

Yeah, I figured that is what you meant.

• Fandango April 6, 2018 / 10:24 pm

Around 60% of Americans don’t. But around 90% of Republicans do. And I can’t fathom why.

4. newepicauthor April 7, 2018 / 6:53 am

I think that this is the best post that you ever wrote. The picture fits perfectly with the story. You deserve some kind of award for writing this.

5. leigha66 April 7, 2018 / 10:57 am

Excellent post… maybe he has slipped some of his oil in the drinking water to keep his 40% strong.