Three Day Quote Challenge — Day 1

A256859B-C0BA-4AD9-BC40-4FDDEEB8FA63So Kat Myrman over at Like Mercury Colliding tagged me for this Three Day Quote Challenge thingie.

What you’re supposed to do is:

1. Thank the person who nominated you. Thank you, Kat.
  2. Post a quote for three consecutive days (1 quote for each day).
  3. Nominate three bloggers each day.

I suppose the first thing I need to do is select my quote for Day 1.

Okay, here goes. I’m calling this quote “Why I refuse to watch the ‘Roseanne’ revival.” It’s actually a quote of a Roseanne Barr tweet.

Here’s what she tweeted:

“President Trump has freed so many children held in bondage to pimps all over this world. Hundreds each month. He has broken up trafficking rings in high places everywhere. notice that. I disagree on some things, but give him benefit of doubt-4 now.”

WTF, Roseanne? Tweeting your support for a right-wing conspiracy theory?

If you haven’t heard about this “theory,” it alleges that high-profile Democrats and other famous people are involved in child sex-trafficking rings, and that Trump is breaking them up and arresting those involved in their operation.

Crazy, huh?

Normally I can separate the actors from characters that they portray, but based upon this tweet, and others by Roseanne Barr, she is, in real life, just as fucked up as the character she portrays in her sitcom. And the last thing I need, for my own health and well-being, is to watch another crazy person on TV who goes around promoting right-wing conspiracy theories. If I wanted that, I’d watch Sean Hannity.

Okay. So now to nominate three other bloggers. Hmm. Let’s see.

Jim Adams at A New Title for Me.

Leigha at Leigha Robbins.

Michael at Morpethroad.

Okay, I’m done for Day 1. You three take it from here.

16 thoughts on “Three Day Quote Challenge — Day 1

1. Kat Myrman March 31, 2018 / 5:47 pm

I’m with you. Not cool at all. Thanks for shedding light on fake news.

2. baddadcartoons101 March 31, 2018 / 6:43 pm

So I’m guessing Obama, Bush (41,43), Clinton didn’t have any problems with child trafficking- that’s crazy Roseanne! It appears Tom Arnold is the same one.

• Fandango March 31, 2018 / 8:50 pm

That’s actually John Goodman…and he was in the original series, too.

3. newepicauthor March 31, 2018 / 7:32 pm

I hope that there is no time limit on this because these nominations are a lot of work.

4. baddadcartoons101 March 31, 2018 / 9:44 pm

I was reading my reply from an earlier txt and realized when I said Tom Arnold was the same one I intended to say he was the SANE one, I’d hate for you to think I don’t know the difference between Tom Arnold and John Goodman

• Fandango March 31, 2018 / 10:47 pm

Oh right. Sure. Like I believe that.

Wait! What? Tom Arnold and John Goodman aren’t the same guy?

5. leigha66 April 2, 2018 / 12:22 pm

Thanks for the tag on this challenge. I am behind in posts and reading but will get to it as soon as I can. 🙂