I Don’t Do Themes

2018 A2Z BadgeI decided to participate in this thing called the 2018 A to Z Challenge. The idea is to post every day during the month of April. Except Sundays. Except for this April, when April 1st lands on a Sunday. So we’re supposed to begin on that day, which will be the only Sunday to post during the challenge.

Subtracting Sundays, (except for Sunday, April 1st), there are 26 days in April, which also happens to be the number of letters in the English language. Booyah!

Are you still with me?

Anyway, using this premise, I will start participating in this challenge on April 1st with a post starting with the letter A. Then, on April 2nd, a post using the letter B. And so on until I finish on April 30th with the letter Z.

FD0A681F-984B-4502-88F1-9A45AECFB243But one of the kickers is that the promoters of this challenge are asking participants to come up with a theme for their 26 posts. “Themes are really fun,” they say. Well, this blogger doesn’t do themes.

My blog is titled “This, That, and The Other.” My blog’s tagline is “Random Musings on Life, Society, and Politics,” with some flash fiction thrown in for good measure. The operative word is “random.” My blog does not have a theme or a niche. I never know from one day to the next what I’m going to post about. So, when asked to select a theme, I chose “other.” As in “this, that, and the other.”

And won’t this be exciting? You will never know until you read my posts, what I will be writing about in my A to Z Challenge posts next month.

So, to the people behind this challenge, yes, themes are really fun. But but not having a theme is even funner!

20 thoughts on “I Don’t Do Themes

1. bikerchick57 March 19, 2018 / 10:24 am

Good luck to you on the daily writing. I agree on “other” for your A-Z posts since the theme of my blog is “hodgepodge.” I would probably do the same.

2. Silvia Writes March 19, 2018 / 11:23 am

I hear you. Theme or no theme, sounds like a great ride I intend to embark on.
    Best of luck and see you around the AZ

• Fandango March 19, 2018 / 12:09 pm

Looking forward to your alphabet soup.

3. cagedunn March 19, 2018 / 1:06 pm

The theme is dictionary … now which of the muppets was best at that?

4. J-Dub March 19, 2018 / 2:56 pm

Yes! Kindred Spirit :). I don’t do themes either.

5. Hope March 19, 2018 / 9:58 pm

I have one blog that has no niche AKA a personal blog, then I have another that does. Well actually I have several that do, but I’ll only be participating in the challenge with 2. My personal blog has no theme, and the other blog does.

• Fandango March 19, 2018 / 10:26 pm

I honestly don’t know how any one person can manage more than one blog. Where do you find the time and the energy?