God and Guns

Image result for god and gunsA judge in Texas interrupted jury deliberations to let the members of the jury know that “God wanted a not-guilty verdict.”

I’m not making that up. It seems that a Texas district court judge, Jack Robison, told jurors that he had talked with God and that God told him to intervene on behalf of a woman accused of trafficking a teenage girl, her niece, for sex.

“When God tells me to do something, I gotta do it,” Robison told the jury.

Fortunately, the jurors ignored the will of Robison — and, apparently, of God — and found the defendant guilty of the charge. The judge then recused himself before the sentencing phase. The defendant’s attorney asked for a mistrial, but the new judge denied the request and the jury sentenced the woman to 25 years in prison.

Suck it God!

In an unrelated tale, how many of you know that you’re not supposed to carry a loaded gun onto an airplane? Good for you if you do know that. Some people apparently don’t.

Federal law does allow for passengers to transport unloaded guns in a locked, hard-sided container. It must be declared, and the gun cannot be packed in a carry-on.

And yet, according to the TSA, more people this past year were packing heat in airports across the country than ever before. The TSA reported that in 2017 a record-breaking number of firearms in passengers’ carry-on bags for the 10th year in a row.

Airport security screeners uncovered almost 4,000 firearms last year, representing a 16% increase from 2016. The majority of those guns — 84% — were loaded.

These guns were discovered at 239 airports nationwide, with Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport taking the top spot with 245 guns.

Suck it guns!

12 thoughts on “God and Guns

1. rugby843 January 31, 2018 / 10:07 am

Gee thanks, I could have gone all day without this tidbit ; )

2. Michael January 31, 2018 / 11:05 am

I did so enjoy that what a fabulous post. That judge sounds little more than a mediaeval charlatan and he should never be allowed anywhere near a court of law again. Unless it’s as a defendant of course

3. Suze January 31, 2018 / 11:31 am

When I was still working and living in texas, I had to be a witness in front of Judge Robison. I never made it out of the courthouse minus a deputy and handcuffs!
    Everyone in our district knew the man was an idiot and we prayed we’d never have to give testimony in front of him. As a circuit court judge he traveled over the state to do “his duty” as he called it.
    Judges are elected in Texas…not appointed, and all one needs to be a judge is seemingly a church membership and a penis. This fella was lacking in one….one time I testified in front of him and I was required to explain a federal confidentiality clause that governed what I was allowed to divulge without a release of info…he said “i’m the judge and you will answer”…and I said “with all due respect, federal law must be followed when state law is less stringent.” he said something along the lines of what the H was I talking about and answer the question. I came back with “sir, with all due respect, the FED trumps State law every time. I can not answer”. He locked me up for contempt and as a parting statement said “God told me I would be dealing with a stubborn woman today”. I said “Did he mean the Statue of Liberty?” on the way out. he wasn’t impressed. It isn’t even hard for me to believe the idiot is STILL a judge.

4. Sight11 January 31, 2018 / 12:02 pm

Apparently wonderful things happens in his mind, he is stoned without taking the ‘high-way’. Got it Sensei.

5. Michael January 31, 2018 / 1:13 pm

I’m gobsmacked by the gun stats….as for the Judge, God help you all.

6. newepicauthor January 31, 2018 / 2:01 pm

I am taking the fifth on this one, but that idiot judge makes me feel like I should be drinking a fifth.

7. Aak fictionspawn February 2, 2018 / 7:20 am

Man kind – God: 1 – 0
    They better keep their eyes up at the airports… Let’s hope God doesn’t give them any ideas 😀