Twittering Tales — Booking It

DAD5E2C9-ECA5-481C-A1C8-64D2665EAF5FI honestly can’t remember the last time a read a book. Well, a physical book, that is. A hard cover book or even a paperback book.

It’s not that I don’t read books. I read maybe a dozen or so a year. But I always download the books onto the Kindle app on my iPhone.

It’s what I do.

(279 characters)

Written for Kat Myrman’s Twittering Tales prompt.

(Okay, I know I didn’t follow Kat’s instructions to “pick one title…or a few or all…and tell [her] the story behind the words.” But I guess I just felt like being a bit rebellious today. I hope Kat won’t punish me by not including me in her round-up next week!)

15 thoughts on “Twittering Tales — Booking It

1. Marilyn Armstrong January 30, 2018 / 4:33 am

I just read a real TEXT book. On Kindle. Usually I listen rather than read. That’s a step up I think.

It was NOT supposed to snow this much today. It really wasn’t. I am SO pissed.

• Fandango January 30, 2018 / 6:20 am

Sorry about the snow, but you DO live in New England. How much are you getting?

2. Kat Myrman January 30, 2018 / 6:34 am

No rules Fandango…except 280 characters or less to write what the photo inspires in you. I rather enjoyed your little biographical tale. As for me…I must and pages to turn and hard bound covers to hold in my hand. Never quite got used to the kindle version of things. But I do use my phone and tablet for all my writing, photography and graphic art. To each their own! 🙂 (I will definitely be including you in the roundup.)

3. Sight11 January 30, 2018 / 8:29 am

I prefer the real over digital.

4. Leimonade January 30, 2018 / 5:49 pm

The smell of the authentic book is very addicting. Hmmm. Anyway, I’ll follow you.

• Leimonade January 30, 2018 / 8:47 pm

Yeah no worries. It would be lovely if youll follow me too, if you like reading my pieces. Thanks

• Fandango January 30, 2018 / 9:46 pm

I’ve read a couple of your posts and you have an interesting take on life, love, truth, and spirituality. So I’ll be truthful with you. I am an atheist. I believe God is a creation of man and not the other way around. I believe that death is the end. There’s no such thing as heaven or hell, no reincarnation, no eternity. That said, if you still want me to, I will follow your blog because I find it’s always good to get another’s perspective, especially when it is so different from my own. I usually don’t follow blogs of people who preach about God and Jesus, but I will follow your blog (if you want me to)…for a while, anyway…and we’ll see what happens. I promise that I will just listen to what you have to say and I won’t be overly critical or argumentative.

5. Leimonade January 30, 2018 / 10:01 pm

I would be glad to have an atheist on my site. I respect other’s perspectives in life. Don’t worry, I would surely appreciate your take.

6. anuragbakhshi January 30, 2018 / 10:09 pm

I resisted getting on to the Kindle bandwagon for a long time, but then, around 5-6 years ago, I finally gave in…and realized that I ended up reading much, much more than what I used to before 🙂

• Fandango January 30, 2018 / 10:28 pm

I like the idea that I can have dozens of “ebooks” on my Kindle app on my iPhone that I carry around with me wherever I am. I can search the content, I can highlight sentences or passages, I can bookmark pages, and I don’t have to lug any heavy books around.