Domination

2585DA60-DE6B-4066-897E-F01574B5D4A8Many football fans feel about the New England Patriots the way I feel about the New York Yankees. I hate the Yankees. But that’s because the Yankees are a force to be reckoned with in Major League Baseball.

So I can understand how some NFL fans might hate the New England Patriots, as it is the most dominant team in professional football.

In a few weeks, Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are taking the Patriots to their eighth Super Bowl since Brady took over the starting quarterback job in 2001. Since then, the Pats have participated in Super Bowl Sunday 47 percent of the time. I will be watching and I’ll be rooting for the Pats.

Donald Trump once said that the Patriot “are going to win so much, they’re going to be so sick and tired of winning.” (Or he said something like that.)

As a Patriots fan, I can say for sure that that’s yet another Trump lie.

Go Pats!

Written for today’s one-word prompt, “dominant.”

10 thoughts on “Domination

1. Michael January 24, 2018 / 3:13 pm

Many people hate Manchester United for the very same reason or Leicester Rugby because they dominated for years. I will admit to being somewhat disappointed but I think I have a problem with sports these days which is quite sad because I used to love it so much but so often there is a predictability about the competitions

2. Sight11 January 24, 2018 / 3:40 pm

I don’t watch sports these days. Except tennis nothing gets my attention. They have broken down sports into stats, that’s sad.

3. Marilyn Armstrong January 24, 2018 / 5:44 pm

Young fans don’t remember how long the Pats were the Patsies who never won anything. They probably don’t even remember the 84 years of waiting for the Sox to win a World Series. I thought Brady should have retired at the end of last season and gotten a huge contract with the NFL channel or NBC or maybe bought his own team. Lord knows, between him and Giselle, they have a world of money. I hope he doesn’t end his career with an injury.

BUT since he IS playing, GO PATS!! It has been great watching Brady from his first full season –when Bledsoe was out on injuries — until today when he is Tom Terrific. it won’t go on forever, so we might as well enjoy it while we can.

Are they making an animated series about him yet? With a cape?

• Fandango January 24, 2018 / 9:43 pm

I’m not a “young fan,” or even a young anything, so I do remember the days when both the Pats and the Sox were struggling. So it’s nice to be following teams that are “respectable.” It would be nice if the Dox could get passed the first round in the post season this year.

• Marilyn Armstrong January 25, 2018 / 5:11 am

I think you are confused between “cheaters” and ‘WINNERS.” Just because your team loses is no reason for YOU to lose all sense of sportsmanship.

• Fandango January 25, 2018 / 7:22 am

I hate the Yankees because they are the Yankees.

• Marilyn Armstrong January 25, 2018 / 1:18 pm

I remember when my four year old granddaughter told me she hated the Yankees. I don’t think she even knew what a baseball was. Culture. Gotta love it.