Twenty Answers

F61B5762-20E8-4F08-9EBA-FCBCD2B3C6A5In a post yesterday, I posed twenty “either/or” questions just to see how many other bloggers might pick up the gauntlet and take a shot at expressing their “this way or that way” (or neither way) preferences. I thank those of you who chose to respond.

Should anyone be interested, here are my answers.

Window or aisle? Definitely the aisle. I am tall and have long legs, so the window seat is way too confining.

White bread or whole wheat? Whole wheat, never white.

Car or pickup? Car. I’ve never owned a truck, if you don’t count the toy firetruck I had as a kid.

iPhone or Android? Since I gave up my BlackBerry in 2010, it’s been iPhone all the way.

Foreign or domestic? Foreign cars, foreign movies, foreign beer, domestic just about everything else.

Hip hop or pop? Not hip hop; mostly classic rock.

Watch TV or read a book? I probably watch more TV than I should, but I do read at least two books a month.

Summer or winter? Of the two, I prefer summer. But actually my favorite season is autumn.

Daytime or nighttime? Nighttime because I’m a dreamer.

Hot or cold? Cold. It’s easier to get warm if you’re cold than it is to get cool when you’re hot. (So why, then, do I like summer better than winter?)

New or old? New when it comes to technology. Otherwise, whatever works best.

Fiction or non-fiction? Fiction. It takes me to places and times I’ve never been before and introduces me to fascinating characters I would never otherwise have known. I do like historical fiction, too.

Poetry or prose? Prose. I rarely understand poetry if it’s not used as the lyrics for popular songs. Put poetry to music and I might enjoy it more.

Democrat or Republican? Technically I’m registered as an independent, but I’m a liberal and rarely, especially these days, support Republican candidates or causes.

Windows or Mac? Windows. My wife and daughter have Macs and I don’t like them one bit. That said, I use my iPhone a lot more than I use my Windows laptop these days.

Mountains or ocean? Mountains, especially when they offer an ocean view.

Whole or skimmed? Neither. I use 2% low fat for my morning cereal.

Coffee or tea? Coffee. My mother used to make me drink tea sweetened with honey when I was sick and now I associate tea with not feeling well, which is why I never drink it.

Football or baseball? College football, Major League baseball.

Soda or pop? Trick question. They are the same thing and what it’s called depends upon what part of the country you live in.

12 thoughts on “Twenty Answers

1. baddadcartoons101 December 12, 2017 / 5:58 am

I never thought about the tea issue but I too was given tea as a kid when sick and now seldom drink it, the tea industry needs to somehow stop moms from giving tea to their sick kids so they will grow up and drink more tea, assuming they don’t die because they didn’t get tea when they were sick

• Fandango December 12, 2017 / 7:22 am

I am pretty sure I would have survived without the tea. 🤔

2. Suze December 12, 2017 / 6:41 am

My Mother always gave us caster oil when we were sick…after a couple of doses we didn’t bother telling her we felt awful until our fevers had spiked too high for us to hide it or spots appeared.

• Fandango December 12, 2017 / 7:24 am

I guess I should be happy that my mother made me drink tea and not caster oil. What is caster oil, anyway? Something you put on chair casters to keep them rolling?

• Suze December 12, 2017 / 8:29 am

it is really oil from a castor bean…although it more fully resembles used motor oil.

3. Marilyn Armstrong December 12, 2017 / 1:16 pm

Yup. Pretty much the same, except we use rye. Garry doesn’t like white and I only like white bread to make grilled cheese sandwiches. Wheat is too fluffy for great sandwiches, so we go with light rye for pretty much everything.

Pop is New England. Soda is the rest of the world.

• Fandango December 12, 2017 / 1:30 pm

My wife likes rye…and I prefer rye for corned and pastrami, but otherwise, whole wheat. “Pop” is also the term used in the Midwest. I’ve always called non-alcoholic carbonated beverages “soda.” And some refer to it as “soda pop.”

4. Sight11 December 13, 2017 / 8:35 am

Do you snore while sleeping? Looks like you do.

• Sight11 December 13, 2017 / 8:48 am

Maybe I got to gift your wife a video camera for this Christmas, Sensei.