Third Time’s The Charm

CAB82D7B-7CD1-4E80-9D66-FD11C39E34F4.jpegI use my iPhone to compose and publish my posts on WordPress. It’s extraordinarily convenient because I don’t have to be sitting in front of my computer to write my posts…or to read yours. Right now, for example, I’m in my bed, nice and cozy.

Of course, at times using my iPhone for my blog can be troublesome. I’m more prone to making typos, some of which I don’t catch until after my post has been published. And then there’s autocorrect, which will occasionally and creatively fill in my post with what sometimes seems to be nonsensical words. Real words, yes, but not the words I thought I’d typed.

And then there are nights like tonight. I was composing my response to Linda G Hill’s Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. But I somehow managed to hit “publish” when I intended to hit “save as draft” before I was done.

And then, once I realized that, I edited my published post, but before I had finished making my edits (additional text, not edits to the text I’d already erroneously published), I must have hit “update” instead of “save as draft” again.

Sheesh! Well, I finally got it all done and hit “update” for the last time. So if you happened to have read my failed first or second attempts, I apologize for what probably looked like an incomplete (at best) or an incomprehensible (at worst) post.

I may have to rethink using my iPhone for all of my blog’s posts.

8 thoughts on “Third Time’s The Charm

1. newepicauthor October 20, 2017 / 11:29 pm

If that is you holding your phone in that picture, let me compliment you on how clean your hands look.

• Fandango October 20, 2017 / 11:33 pm

Thanks, but that’s not me in the picture. My hands are never that clean!

• newepicauthor October 20, 2017 / 11:46 pm

I figured that it was a hand model, thanks for affirming my suspicions.

• Fandango October 21, 2017 / 6:26 am

Those hands are a lot younger, smoother, and clearer than are mine.

2. Suze October 21, 2017 / 7:46 am

I can not help but think of Monty Python at this moment…………….

• Fandango October 21, 2017 / 8:26 am

Yes, I suppose it was a little Pythonesque.

3. John Holton October 21, 2017 / 9:41 am

I have a lot of trouble writing posts on either my iPhone or Kindle, so I wait until I have an actual keyboard to write them. I answer comments on either of them sometimes, but I’m a bit anal about SPaG, so it takes a while. I turn off autocorrect: I’d rather misspell a word than have the device “guess” and put something in that is at best a non sequitur and at worst highly offensive.

• Fandango October 21, 2017 / 11:35 am

I probably should use a regular keyboard more often, but after spending between 50-60 hours per week sitting at my computer before I retired, I find it tedious, which is why I prefer using my iPhone, despite it taking longer and being error prone. As to autocorrect, I’d say it works very well about 90% of the time, but the 10% when it doesn’t can be either embarrassing or, as you noted, offensive.

Comments are closed.