A few weeks ago, Suze over at Obsolete Childhood nominated me for something called the “One Lovely Blog Award.”
To be honest, I have mixed feelings about blog awards. It’s always an honor to be nominated by a peer. I appreciate that someone would think enough of my posts to make such a nomination. But there are a lot of blog awards out there and there are many bloggers who are as deserving — or more deserving — than me to receive recognition for their consistently entertaining, informative, funny, and provocative work.
But thank you, Suze, for the mention.
In the meantime, there are rules for those so honored with this nomination. They are:
- Mention and thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog. Check
- Add the One Lovely Blog Award to your post. Check
- Share seven facts about yourself. Check
- Pass this on to as many people as you can (max 15).
- Include this set of rules. Check
- Inform your nominees. Check
You may have noticed that I didn’t check “pass this on to as many people as you can.” I’m going to bend this rule and declare that anyone who reads this post should consider himself or herself to be nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award. That probably won’t be more than 15 anyway.
So seven facts about me:
- I’m a septuagenarian.
- I’m retired.
- I’ve been married for 40 years.
- I have two adult kids.
- I have a dog and a cat.
- I live in a large city. I know that to be true because it has professional football, baseball, and basketball teams.
- I’m a liberal but I’m registered as an independent.
Okay. Now, readers, it’s your turn. Each of you should post seven facts about yourselves. Don’t be shy!