Fishing For Compliments

58E1A47C-87FF-465F-B530-A6159BF5C2D0When my wife read my response to today’s one-word prompt, “witty,” she chastised me. “That was an obnoxious post,” she told me.

“What? Why would you say that?” I asked, honestly having no clue what she was talking about.

“You blatantly and shamelessly fished for compliments,” she said. “You were just begging for people to read you post and tell you in the comments how funny and witty and humorous you are. Admit it,” she insisted.

“No, I wasn’t fishing for compliments,” I protested. “I was just being brutally honest and confessing that I’m just not that witty.”

“That’s bullshit! You are so transparent. You should be ashamed of yourself.”

“No!” I said. “I was being sincere, genuine.”

“And delusional,” she said. “I’m going to stop following you blog. And for what it’s worth, you aren’t very witty.”

Damn that’s harsh.

I’m kidding, of course. I’m very witty and my wife loves my blog. She just has no sense of humor!

12 thoughts on “Fishing For Compliments

1. Marilyn Armstrong September 29, 2017 / 1:30 pm

Garry is so witty that I can’t even tell if he is making a joke. Seriously, he has the best poker face ever. Pity he doesn’t play poker.

2. Michael September 29, 2017 / 2:19 pm

You get them wherever you can….thought blatantly obvious fishing could be seen by your wife as unnecessary when you have her as the judge of all things witty in your life….and just for the record I find you comfortably witty, you tickle my fancy on a regular basis..but that’s my opinion remember..

• Michael September 29, 2017 / 4:50 pm

Not every one does, so consider yourself one of the few… 🙂

3. newepicauthor September 29, 2017 / 2:47 pm

You are clever and funny and if you lived in my neighborhood, I am sure that we would hang out some times.

• Fandango September 29, 2017 / 10:38 pm

I think we would gang out sometimes, not I think I’m clever and funny. I just wanna clear that up.

4. SueW-Nan's Farm September 29, 2017 / 3:10 pm

You’re very lucky she reads your blog, although that might very well depend on which day she fancies having a browse! We women are not known for taking too greater interest in what the hubby has to say. Though come to think of it neither are the men! Loved your post by the Way!

• Fandango September 29, 2017 / 4:00 pm

Thanks. I think my wife reads it to find out what I’m really thinking! 🤔

5. cagedunn September 29, 2017 / 3:33 pm

I should leave some sort of response, but I don’t have a sense of humour so you’re out of luck – or is that me?