My Battery Needs Recharging

F8833675-FB57-4019-8A0D-6BCCC74DB0EB

I do almost everything on my iPhone. I barely use my laptop anymore because it’s simply more convenient to use my smart, handheld device than it is to chain myself to my desk and use my laptop. And, honestly, there’s very little that I need to do on my laptop that I can’t do on my iPhone. I’m even writing this post on my iPhone.

I have an iPhone 6, which is about two-and-half years old. That’s about 75 in human years. So it’s old. But it works.

A few days ago I downloaded and installed iOS 11.0 for my iPhone. I did it not because there was anything wrong with iOS 10-dot-whatever that was previously running on my iPhone. It was working just fine.

iOS 11.0 seems to be working just fine, as well. And it does have a handful of new features, one or two of which might even be useful once I discover what they are.

But I’m not writing this post to brag about iOS 11.0. I’m writing this post to warn you about it. If you have an iPhone, and it’s not the latest, greatest iPhone, don’t download and install the new operating system. It consumes your battery life at an astonishing rate.

You know that little battery icon in the upper right corner of your screen? With iOS 11.0, I can literally see the battery draining. Since installing the latest OS, my iPhone’s battery is usually down to about 20% within just a few hours. Previously, the battery lasted most of the day before I had to set it aside for a little while to recharge it.

And, by the way, recharging the battery back to 100% takes longer with iOS 11.0. A lot longer.

I think the problem is that the new OS is designed to run most efficiently on the newest hardware. So I guess there’s only one viable solution to this iOS 11.0 problem.

I am going to pamper myself and purchase a new iPhone X in November when it becomes available. I’m sure that will solve my battery life problems and all will once again be right with the world.

Wriiten for today’s one-word prompt, “pamper.”

10 thoughts on “My Battery Needs Recharging

1. Frank Hubeny September 24, 2017 / 7:19 am

I use Samsung phones but eventually I will replace it with a newer model. Although I have an oversize phone with a stylus (Note 4), I can’t type easily on it. It does take great photos, but I am typing this at my desk. Also I still carry a tiny paper notebook with me and a pen even though I could use my phone for that as well when I’m not at my desk.

• Fandango September 24, 2017 / 7:36 am

Shh. Don’t tell this to anybody but I’m reading your comment and responding while sitting on the toilet. Don’t worry, though. I’ll be sure to wash my hands when I’m done.

2. Suze September 24, 2017 / 8:43 am

I don’t know what kind of phone I have. I can text now though…and every now and then it dings at me for some reason. I can take a picture with it…Dunno where the pictures go after I take them though. They have to be somewhere…i just don’t know where to find the somewhere where they are. It has either an “M” or a “W” on it depending on which way I hold it. Haven’t a clue what it is though. I just make phone calls or text my sister….or take vanishing pictures.

• Fandango September 24, 2017 / 9:02 am

Sounds like the logo for a Motorola Phone. I think Motorola still makes phones.

• Fandango September 24, 2017 / 10:57 am

Yes, that’s true. Very true.

3. newepicauthor September 25, 2017 / 4:00 am

I hardly ever charge my phone, but maybe that is because I sometimes go weeks before I turn it on.

• Fandango September 25, 2017 / 7:27 am

My phone is always on and always within reach, except when I’m asleep.