Where Have All the White Christians Gone?

It’s no wonder the KKK, white supremacists, and neo-Nazis are up in arms these days. America is no longer a white Christian nation. Oh noooooo!

According to a recent study by the Public Religion Research Institute, the share of Americans who identify as white and Christian has dropped below 50%, a transformation fueled by immigration and by growing numbers of people who reject organized religion altogether.

Yikes!

Don’t worry too much, America. You haven’t lost the War on Christmas just yet. Christians overall still remain a large majority in the United States, at nearly 70% of Americans.

However, only 43% of America’s population is made up of white Christians. That’s down from 80% four decades ago.

The survey of 100,000 Americans also found that more than a third of all Republicans say they are white evangelicals, and nearly three-quarter identify as white Christians.

Contrast that with the Democrats, where white Christians have become a minority, shrinking from 47% a decade ago to only 29% now. Even worse, 40% of Democrats say they have no religious affiliation. Those damn Democratic secularists are all going straight to hell.

This explains why Donald Trump, Jeff Sessions, and congressional Republicans want to end DACA and limit even legal immigration, why Trump wants to build his wall that Mexico won’t pay for, and why he tried to ban Muslims from entering the country.

But hey, you can’t make America great again if it’s not white and Christian, right?

10 thoughts on “Where Have All the White Christians Gone?

1. Marilyn Armstrong September 7, 2017 / 3:46 pm

Expect a wild resurgence of “They won’t let me say MERRY CHRISTMAS.” God, I really hate that.

2. baddadcartoons101 September 7, 2017 / 3:54 pm

Man, now you tell me! I’ve been targeting my cartoons for white Christians all this time so no wonder I can’t get my views up!

3. Suze September 7, 2017 / 4:48 pm

i am a multicultural event all by myself so I really don’t get the white christian thing.

4. Michael September 7, 2017 / 6:27 pm

Do you recall the film The Life of Brian where during the sermon on the mount the guys at the back think Christ has said: “Blessed are the cheese makers?”
    Maybe he did and that might assist in making America grate again??
    I think those statistics are very similar in this country also, though we don’t have lunatics running this country quite like the ones you have.

• Fandango September 7, 2017 / 8:42 pm

I know that movie well. Big fan of Monty Python. “Make America Grate Again.” I love it. As far as our country, the inmates are running the asylum.

• Fandango September 7, 2017 / 8:36 pm

People tend to group themselves. Birds of a feather and all that.